Dear Anatomy Physiotherapy Clinic valued patron,
We hope that you and your families have been well during this pandemic. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely on a day-by-day basis, and are following guidelines set by the provincial government, as well as public health and professional associations. We have therefore been working tirelessly behind the scenes to re-shape how face-to-face appointments at our facility currently take place, and how we will proceed for the foreseeable future. Below you will find information on some (but not all!) of the policies and procedures that we are following at our clinic to best ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
Even though we have resumed our in-clinic physiotherapy and massage therapy appointments, we are proud to announce that we will continue to provide virtual/online appointments for those in need, even once the COVID-19 pandemic has ended.
If you have any questions/concerns about safety precautions or virtual care as they relate to COVID-19, please feel free to contact us any time by phone, text message, or via email. If we cannot provide an immediate answer, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
St. Laurent clinic: 613-680-4477
Orleans clinic: 613-424-4488
Best in health always,
Your Anatomy Physiotherapy Clinic team
NEW OPERATING PROCEDURES AT ANATOMY PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC DURING COVID-19
1) COVID Pre-screening Questionnare: ON THE DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT ONLY, clients must fill out a pre-screening questionnaire for COVID-19 in the language of their choice.
The questionnaire MUST be filled out on the same day of the appointment for EACH and EVERY appointment, until it is deemed no longer necessary by Public Health.
2) Masks: Ottawa Public Health has also mandated the use of masks in indoor public spaces. ALL CLIENTS WILL THEREFORE BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK upon entering the clinic.
OTHER OPERATING PROCEDURES:
- We kindly ask that clients experiencing any symptoms, such as a fever, cough, dry mouth, loss of taste or smell, or feel ill or sick, please stay home and re-schedule. There will be no cancellation fee applied.
- Physical distancing measures are in place at the clinic – i.e. 6 feet apart from others, with the exception of the treating therapist who will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE; see next).
- Each therapist will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). They WILL be wearing a surgical mask and may also be wearing glasses, goggles, a gown, gloves or face shield depending on the type of treatment being provided.
- When clients arrive there will be a hand sanitizer station, which we strongly encourage them to use. If a client prefers to wash their hands with soap and water, there is a sink in the back that is equipped with a touchless soap dispenser. Towels will be provided for hand drying, and will be put into the laundry immediately following use.
- The washroom at the clinic will be washed regularly, however we ask that clients try to use the facilities prior to their appointment and once they get home, if possible. Need not fear, it will be available if needed!
- No one can accompany clients into the clinic, unless they are a minor and/or it is needed. If a client has to be driven to their appointment, we kindly ask that the driver stays in the vehicle and does not enter the clinic.
- We kindly ask that clients pay for services rendered using the tap option on a credit or debit card. Please advise us before an appointment if this is not an option, and we can make arrangements prior.
- All receipts will be sent electronically. If a client requires a printed version of individual receipts, or a summary of all receipts, we request that this be done at a future date. For specific inquiries, please contact the clinic ahead of an appointment.
There is a lot of information in circulation on the internet about COVID-19. The following are some of the resources that we have found most helpful during this pandemic: